The flyers below are sample flyers for Adult/Corporate voyage opportunities to engage with Spirit of Bermuda and learn more about our youth and education programmes through active participation. These types of programmes can be custom - designed for your own special group or company, and we have staff who are highly skilled and happy to accommodate your needs to give you the programme and experience you want.
Additionally, there are many opportunities for "chance of a lifetime" overseas voyages for adults and older children. If you've always dreamed of sailing across an ocean, there is no better or more seaworthy vessel than Spirit of Bermuda. Parent/child voyages are wonderful bonding/quality time opportunities, and we also offer mission voyages to Haiti, Dominican Republic etc. Keep an eye on this website and our newsletters for information, or call or email our office to arrange to meet with one of our staff.
Aboard Bermuda’s National Tall Ship
“Developing Teams One Voyage at a Time”
One Day Voyage
~ No sailing experience needed ~
~ Physical involvement is required ~
RESERVE YOUR TEAM BUILDING DAY NOW!
(Board at 9:00 a.m. and disembark at 4:30 p.m. at RBYC)
Day rate $7,500 (without DiSC Assessments)
Day rate $8,000 (with DiSC Assessments)
~ includes lunch & snacks ~
for up to 21 team members
- Be inspired and challenged by the realities of a Tall Ship under sail
- Improve teamwork
- Enhance communication
- Learn more about yourself and your team members
- Have fun!
One-Day Team Building Aboard Bermuda’s National Tall Ship
"Developing Teams One Voyage at a Time"
Group Size: Up to 15 participants
Departure & return location: RBYC
Board: 9:00 a.m. Return: 4:30 p.m.
A key role of every leader is to continually build teamwork and collaboration within his or her organisation. In partnership with OD Solutions, Bermuda Sloop Foundation provides a unique team building experience on board its Tall Ship, Spirit of Bermuda, which motivates, integrates and celebrates your team! To successfully sail the ship as crew, your team will need to work together and support each other. No previous sailing skills/experience are required. Team members will enjoy an interactive experience that will instil a high degree of trust and inter-reliability, while providing the perfect opportunity for an individual to learn about themselves and the way they interact with others. To ensure that this experience provides team members with techniques that are directly transferable to the workplace, the on board facilitator can conduct a work behaviour assessment tool called, DiSC. This tool explores the different dimensions of one’s behaviour and personality, and combined with the sail training experience, provides a real-life opportunity for team members to learn how to ‘flex’ and work more effectively as a team.
The goals of this team building experience are to:
- Show individuals how to bring their “best selves” forward as a team member
- Show teams how to unlock the potential they have within to become positive, enjoyable and high performing teams (using DiSC)
- Increase self-awareness and discover their behavioural strengths (using DiSC)
- Develop an appreciation for others
- Improve working relationships
- Enhance the team’s ability to cooperate, address conflict, communicate and trust each other
- Identify the team’s strengths and areas of opportunities (using DiSC)
The DiSC Learning Model: The DISC Profile is a non-judgmental tool for understanding behavioural types and personality styles. It helps people explore behaviour across four primary dimensions:
- Dominance: "D's" are direct, to the point and decisive. They tend to be strong-minded, strong-willed and enjoy challenges, taking action, and immediate results. The bottom line is their focus.
- Influence: "I's" tend to be optimistic and outgoing. They are social "people people" who prefer being on teams, sharing ideas, entertaining and energising others.
- Steadiness: "S's" are empathetic and cooperative. They tend to be supportive, helpful team players and are often good listeners. They prefer being in the background, working in consistent and predictable ways. They also tend to be uncomfortable with change.
- Conscientiousness: "C's" tend to be concerned with details and cautious. They are often focused on quality. They plan ahead, check for accuracy, and act systematically.
A Day on Board STV Spirit of Bermuda:
Welcome, Boarding & Orientation
Team Building Introduction
Underway - Sailing
Team Building Activity
Underway - Sailing
Debrief & Disembark
- Lunch and access to drinking water are provided
- Suggested items to bring: wear comfortable and flexible clothing, non-marking shoes/sneakers; water bottle; fitted gloves; sun block; jacket
- Rain gear is provided on board
- “The best team building training I’ve been on. It was amazing how well everyone worked together.”
- “The crew was very patient and good at giving directions, no matter how many times I asked.”
- “Awesome! I learned about sailing, teamwork, myself and others.”
- “It was very informative in regards to sailing and self-discovery.”
- “Good learning experience. Makes you understand yourself and others you work with.”
- “The name of the boat exemplifies the experience. In terms of team building, it was phenomenal!”
- “The crew was friendly, very technically astute and informative.”
For further information or to book a Team Building Voyage, please contact us